What does a wedding cocktail hour have to do with all this – and do you absolutely have to have one?
We have some tips to help you decide on what’s best for you – so read on if you want to learn more.
- You don’t NEED or HAVE TO have a cocktail hour – there’s absolutely no rule about this, and you have the right to decide what’s best for you. At the end of the day, what’s most important is that YOU feel amazing on your wedding day.
- Why would you decide on a cocktail hour, though? For many reasons. One of them is the fact that it allows guests to simply chit chat and socialize with each other – which consequently builds up the atmosphere before the actual wedding reception.
- You’d be surprised to learn this, but many guests prefer the cocktail hour over the reception and they actually look forward to it. Even more, many of them remember the drinks and the snacks served during the cocktail hour more than they remember the details of the actual wedding reception.
- A cocktail hour is great because it also allows you as the newlywed couple to sneak out and shoot your wedding photos (the portraits, as well as the pictures you will shoot with your bridesmaids and groomsmen, for example). Keep in mind though: you shouldn’t stay away for more than half an hour – one hour. It’s just impolite for the hosts of a party to disappear for longer than that.
- Why would you NOT decide on a cocktail hour? There are many reasons to lean in this direction too – such as running short on time or simply wanting to jump right to the reception. All of these reasons are OK as long as this is what you want and this is what makes you happy.
Have you booked your wedding catering service in Nashville, Tennessee? If you’re still looking for someone reliable and dedicated, be sure to contact JP Events! Our talent and our expertise are here to help you have an amazing wedding day!