LGBTQ Pride was front and center throughout the month of June. Although many of the traditional parades were postponed, we followed the vibrant celebrations that took place across the country, and we were completely amazed to see how Pride persevered and thrived in 2021!
- New York Pride beat the heat by opening a fire hydrant and turning this dance party into a pool party. After over a year of the pandemic raging through the city, we are in awe of how New York still has this electrifying spirit!
- Chicago didn’t let the stormy weather rain on its parade. Thousands gathered at Grant Park for all-day drag and music performances. You can see the joy exploding from these pictures!
- San Francisco’s largest outdoor venue, 620 Jones, celebrated Pride with drag performances all month long. They weren’t afraid of embracing color, either. How fun are these rainbow spritzers?
At Pride events, everyone is family. That’s the kind of party that JP Events can get behind. And it doesn’t have to stop at the end of June. Nashville, for example, will be hosting a Pride Festival on September 18th and 19th at the beautiful Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park. You should also mark your calendars for Nashville’s Pride Pageant on August 9th at Play Dance Bar ‘cuz you’re sure to be in for an evening of admiring the best looks drag queens have to offer.
You, too, can continue to spread love for the LGBTQ community all year ‘round by supporting their businesses. Here are a few of our favorite LGBTQ business owners in the Nashville area:
- Grab a treat at JP Café located downtown inside the Nashville Entrepreneur Center (41 Peabody Street). From sandwiches to baked goods to coffee, JP Cafe has your taste buds covered every day of the week.
- If you’re getting married, Reverend Brice “Two Step” Thomas can officiate your Nashville LGBTQIA wedding.
Event Planning Pro Tip: Some referral websites like The Wedding Wire allow you to filter their vendor list by “minority-owned”, “LGBTQ-owned”, “veteran-owned,” and more!
- Shop the best men’s accessories money can buy at Clifton+Leopold. Pocket squares, ties, bow ties and kerchiefs, sold exclusively online but designed in and inspired by the city of Nashville.
We love the energy the LGBTQ community brings to their celebrations. If you’re in the Nashville area, we’d love to help you throw your own Pride-centric bash. From food to florals to coordination, it would be an honor to jump on board and assist this amazing community in producing your events and celebrations.
About JP Events
“Since 2008, JP Events has served Nashville and the surrounding metro county areas as the premier all-inclusive event planning and production company providing full-service catering, cake & pastry design, floral design & arrangements, event planning & coordination, event rentals, bar & beverage services, and more. Whether it’s a wedding, corporate event, or special occasion, we curate every detail to perfection to ensure a seamless, effortless experience that leaves every client, and their guests, smiling.”